Morristown Sex Crime Attorney
Protecting Your Reputation & Freedom
A sex crime conviction carries some of the most serious consequences of nearly any legal offense. In addition to a possible prison or jail sentence, you face having to register on the New Jersey sex offender registry for many years to come. Even if you are not convicted but are wrongly charged with a sex-related offense, your reputation could be permanently affected.
At The Law Offices of Joseph S. Scura, we defend people accused of all sex crime charges, from rape and sexual assault to child pornography. Don't go through a sex crime accusation on your own. Let our lawyers help defend you and fight for your reputation.
If you are facing sex crime charges, take the first steps in protecting your future by scheduling a case reviewwith an attorney today!
Common Sex Offenses We Defend
When sex crime allegations are made against you, it can be terrifying. While it can be tempting to immediately tell your story to the police, you should not answer questions presented by law enforcement without an attorney present. It is important that you hire skilled representation to craft an effective defense strategy on your behalf and fight for your freedom.
We provide aggressive defense for all types of sex crimes, such as:
- Sexual battery
- Statutory rape
- Lewd conduct
- Lascivious molestation
- Child pornography
- Failure to register
- Computer sex crimes
- Indecent exposure
New Jersey Sex Offender Registration
In addition to possible jail or prison time, convicted sex offenders are required to submit their information to the national sex offender registry. This means your name, address, and conviction details are put into a database. A registered sex offender can find it particularly hard to find a job, a place to live, and obtain certain professional licenses. All the information used at the time of registering will be made available to the public, including your picture and address.
How Can A Sex Crime Crime Attorney Help You?
If you have been charged with a sex crime, having an experienced lawyer by your side to help guide and support you through each step of the process is critical for protecting your future and your reputation. Consulting a sex crime as soon as possible is critical for protecting your rights.
Your sex crime attorney will help you by:
- Providing You With Legal Guidance: Having objective legal advice during this time is critical so that you are fully aware of the situation that you are in and you know all of the options available to you. Your attorney will be able to answer all of your questions and provide you with valuable legal advice to help guide you during this challenging time.
- Obtaining Important Evidence: Your sex crime lawyer will have worked with many other individuals facing a similar struggle and will know the necessary steps to take to acquire the necessary evidence to support your case. Our attorneys will conduct a thorough investigation to build your defense.
- Representing You In Court: Your attorney will know the ins and the outs of the legal system and will be able to provide you with fierce representation in court. Your attorney is your best advocate and will be there to guide and support you through every step of the process.
If you have been charged with a sex accusation, hiring a reputable attorney as soon as possible is critical for protecting your rights and your future. Don't risk losing your freedom and reputation - contact our sex crime attorneys for a free consultation and let us help you.
Questions To Ask Your Sex Crime Attorney
When you are choosing a sex crime attorney to defend you, ensuring that you are asking all of the right questions both during and after a consultation can greatly benefit you. Asking questions will also help you ensure that you are choosing a reputable and experienced attorney to defend your case.
Some questions to ask a sex crime attorney include the following:
- How many sex crime cases have you defended?
- Your long have you been practicing criminal defense?
- Are there client testimonials and success cases that you can refer me to?
- How do you prepare for trial when it comes to sex crime cases?
- What are your educational credentials?
- What is your success rate?
- Will you be the attorney working on my specific case?
- How strong is my case?
- What will my role be in the case?
- How many years of experience do you have when it comes to trials for sex crimes?
- What is your relationship with local authorities?
- How many other individuals have you worked with facing a similar case to mine?
- How often will we be able to communicate?
Criminal Defense in Morristown
At The Law Offices of Joseph S. Scura, our Morris County sex crime defense lawyer stands ready to provide you with the tenacious representation you deserve. Our attorney has your best interests in mind while building a strong defense for your case. Sex crime charges can have devastating effects on your future and your livelihood, so choose an attorney that puts you first.
- What Kinds of Sex Offenses Require Registration in New Jersey?
- Do Juvenile Sex Offenders Have to Register in New Jersey?
- 5 FAQs About the New Jersey Sex Offender Internet Registry
Our attorneys can help fight for your future. Schedule a case consultation now to get started.
Joe is an excellent attorney whose phenomenal research and analytical skills, and ability to anticipate the opposing party's next move help him and his client choose the best strategy for each aspect of the case. He helped me settle a case in my favor.Vera
My dog and I were in serious trouble, and Joe Scura negotiated the best possible solution for both of us. He remained patient and respectful with me during what turned out to be a lengthy ordeal, but it ended well.Katherine
I couldn't recommend Joe Scura and his team more highly. Five stars is not enough. An extremely knowledgeable professional who follows up promptly and maintains contact. He patiently guided me through the legal system and worked tirelessly to turn a potentially serious situation into a dismissal without trial. I hope that there will never be another situation where I would need an attorney, but if so, I would call upon Joe's services without hesitation.William
Mr. Scura handled my court case in Hunterdon County recently with total professionalism. He made a very difficult situation for me less emotional and was able to help me reduce the charges and reach a settlement without further court appearances.Syndi
Joe Scura is an outstanding lawyer. He's highly intelligent and quick witted. We won our case by Joe getting it dismissed. I'd hire him again in a second. I'd highly recommend his services to anyone in need.Kenneth
He went above, and beyond to make sure all my needs were met. He truly cares about his clients and works hard to do what’s best for them. I would highly recommend to anyone who is ever in need of a lawyer.Anon
Without a doubt, Joe Scura is by far a professional who is well versed in the law, exceptionally transparent, Diligent in every aspect, and goes beyond his payment To make sure his client’s needs are met in all domains. Joe’s compassion is as exceptional as his performance.Judith
Mr. Joe is the best in town, very disciplined and helpful. I was dealing with a 2-year license suspension, I contacted Mr. Joseph Scura he took the case and reopened it, man oh man this guy is excellent. He made sure I got my license back while he worked on my case. The result at the end "NOT GUILTY " He's truly the best of the best.Johnson FrederiqueIrvington, NJ