Morristown Drug Crime Attorney
Fighting Tirelessly for Our Clients' Futures in New Jersey
Drug crimes in New Jersey are very serious and need to be handled with fierce representation. At The Law Offices of Joseph S. Scura, our experienced Morristown drug crime lawyer has protected clients accused of all types of drug-related charges. It does not take long for a drug crime charge to affect your reputation and the sooner you hire a lawyer following an arrest, the better. We know that this can be a scary experience and you may feel overwhelmed but time is of the essence and we need to begin building your defense.
What Kind of Drug Crimes Can We Help You With?
Our firm offers legal defense for all types of drug crime charges, including:
- Illegal use
What Are the Penalties for Drug Crimes in New Jersey?
Every drug crime carries different potential penalties. The severity of the penalties will depend on the circumstances of your arrest including, the number of drugs involved, and any criminal history. A conviction for any type of drug crime could potentially land you in jail or even prison, along with a variety of other consequences. With stakes this high, you should retain proven legal defense and guidance on your side. Our defense attorney is ready to fight on your behalf and wants to preserve your freedom.
What Are Felony Drug Charges in New Jersey?
- Marijuana possession – Charged as an indictable felony or disorderly person offense, this crime can be punished with up to 18 months in jail, 6 months- 2 years license suspension, and fines of $500- $15,000.
- Marijuana distribution – Charged as an indictable felony, it can be punished with up to 10 years in prison, 6 months- 2 years of license suspension, and fines of $1,000- $35,000.
- Cocaine possession – Indictable felony, can be punished by 3-5 years in prison, 6 months-2 years license suspension, and fines of $1,000- $35,000.
- Cocaine distribution – Charged as an indictable felony, may be punished with 3-20 years in prison, license suspension of 6 months- 2 years, and fines of $1,000- $300,000.
- Heroin possession – Indictable felony charge, punishable by 3-5 years in prison, 6 months up to 2 years of license suspension, and fines of $1,000-$35,000.
- Heroin distribution – Charged as an indictable felony, punished with 3-20 years in prison, 6-months-2 years of license suspension, and $1,000- $300,000 of fines.
- Drug paraphernalia – Up to 6 months in jail, loss of driving privileges for 6 months - 2 years, and $500-$1,000 in fines.
Pursuing a Diversionary Solution in Morris County
At The Law Offices of Joseph S. Scura, we seek a diversionary program whenever possible as an alternative to jail or prison. There are numerous types of programs available depending on whether you have a criminal history and whether the judge is willing to accept this proposal.
Whether a diversionary solution is an option or not, our Morristown criminal defense lawyer has the experience needed to fight your charges. Our lawyer will to the time to investigate every bit of evidence throughout your case to build the strongest defense possible. We understand what is at stake here and provide the representation you deserve.
Our defense attorneys are available 24/7. Schedule a case consultation to receive one-on-one legal counsel.
I hired Joseph S. Scura for my criminal case in Superior Court. Joseph was able to downgrade this case to municipal court and at the end have the matter dismissed. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. Joseph was very supportive and never disappointing from the very start. I was able to reach out to him any time by text message or phone call with timely responses. His suggestions were very positive and genuine. I highly recommended Attorney Joseph S. Scura and his team for any criminal case.Pieter W.
Joe is an excellent attorney whose phenomenal research and analytical skills, and ability to anticipate the opposing party's next move help him and his client choose the best strategy for each aspect of the case. He helped me settle a case in my favor.Vera
My dog and I were in serious trouble, and Joe Scura negotiated the best possible solution for both of us. He remained patient and respectful with me during what turned out to be a lengthy ordeal, but it ended well.Katherine
I couldn't recommend Joe Scura and his team more highly. Five stars is not enough. An extremely knowledgeable professional who follows up promptly and maintains contact. He patiently guided me through the legal system and worked tirelessly to turn a potentially serious situation into a dismissal without trial. I hope that there will never be another situation where I would need an attorney, but if so, I would call upon Joe's services without hesitation.William
Mr. Scura handled my court case in Hunterdon County recently with total professionalism. He made a very difficult situation for me less emotional and was able to help me reduce the charges and reach a settlement without further court appearances.Syndi
Joe Scura is an outstanding lawyer. He's highly intelligent and quick witted. We won our case by Joe getting it dismissed. I'd hire him again in a second. I'd highly recommend his services to anyone in need.Kenneth
He went above, and beyond to make sure all my needs were met. He truly cares about his clients and works hard to do what’s best for them. I would highly recommend to anyone who is ever in need of a lawyer.Anon
Without a doubt, Joe Scura is by far a professional who is well versed in the law, exceptionally transparent, Diligent in every aspect, and goes beyond his payment To make sure his client’s needs are met in all domains. Joe’s compassion is as exceptional as his performance.Judith