Morristown Drug Crime Attorney
Fighting Tirelessly for Our Clients' Futures in New Jersey
Drug crimes in New Jersey are very serious and need to be handled with fierce representation. At The Law Offices of Joseph S. Scura, our experienced Morristown drug crime lawyer has protected clients accused of all types of drug-related charges. It does not take long for a drug crime charge to affect your reputation and the sooner you hire a lawyer following an arrest, the better. We know that this can be a scary experience and you may feel overwhelmed but time is of the essence and we need to begin building your defense.
Our firm offers legal defense for all types of drug crime charges, including:
- Illegal use
If you are facing criminal charges in New Jersey, request a case evaluation today to view the best legal options for your case.
What Are the Penalties for Drug Crimes in New Jersey?
Every drug crime carries different potential penalties. The severity of the penalties will depend on the circumstances of your arrest including, the number of drugs involved, and any criminal history. A conviction for any type of drug crime could potentially land you in jail or even prison, along with a variety of other consequences. With stakes this high, you should retain proven legal defense and guidance on your side. Our defense attorney is ready to fight on your behalf and wants to preserve your freedom.
What Are Felony Drug Charges in New Jersey?
- Marijuana possession – Charged as an indictable felony or disorderly person offense, this crime can be punished with up to 18 months in jail, 6 months- 2 years license suspension, and fines of $500- $15,000.
- Marijuana distribution – Charged as an indictable felony, it can be punished with up to 10 years in prison, 6 months- 2 years of license suspension, and fines of $1,000- $35,000.
- Cocaine possession – Indictable felony, can be punished by 3-5 years in prison, 6 months-2 years license suspension, and fines of $1,000- $35,000.
- Cocaine distribution – Charged as an indictable felony, may be punished with 3-20 years in prison, license suspension of 6 months- 2 years, and fines of $1,000- $300,000.
- Heroin possession – Indictable felony charge, punishable by 3-5 years in prison, 6 months up to 2 years of license suspension, and fines of $1,000-$35,000.
- Heroin distribution – Charged as an indictable felony, punished with 3-20 years in prison, 6-months-2 years of license suspension, and $1,000- $300,000 of fines.
- Drug paraphernalia – Up to 6 months in jail, loss of driving privileges for 6 months - 2 years, and $500-$1,000 in fines.
Pursuing a Diversionary Solution in Morris County
At The Law Offices of Joseph S. Scura, we seek a diversionary program whenever possible as an alternative to jail or prison. There are numerous types of programs available depending on whether you have a criminal history and whether the judge is willing to accept this proposal.
Whether a diversionary solution is an option or not, our Morristown criminal defense lawyer has the experience needed to fight your charges. Our lawyer will to the time to investigate every bit of evidence throughout your case to build the strongest defense possible. We understand what is at stake here and provide the representation you deserve.
Our defense attorneys are available 24/7. Schedule a case consultation to receive one-on-one legal counsel.
We Strategize Based Off Each Clients’ Unique Situation
Extensive Knowledge That Equals Results
Complex & Aggressive Criminal Representation
Your Initial Consultation Is Free
Our Firm Believes in Transparent Communication
We Provide Personalized Attention to Each Case