Morristown Felony Defense AttorneyRepresentation for NJ Felonies Focused on Results
Almost every crime is classified as a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the extent of the alleged damage, with felony crimes carrying harsher penalties. In the state of New Jersey, prosecutors work hard to gather evidence and build cases against felony offenders to illustrate their guilt. At The Law Offices of Joseph S. Scura, we work to challenge their evidence and give you the chance to tell your side of the story. Our Morristown felony defense lawyer has nearly a decade of experience fighting criminal charges, including felonies.
Give us a call today at (973) 832-0841 to make an appointment.
Types of Felony Offenses & Consequences in New Jersey
After an arrest, the judge typically looks into your past to find out whether or not you have a criminal history and, if so, the nature of the crimes on your record. The information the judge finds can directly impact the outcome of your case, which is why working with a skilled lawyer is essential. While the penalties for a felony vary, they are generally severe. Some felony offenses even carry up to a lifetime in prison without parole.
Our firm represents all types of felony charges, including:
- Sex crimes
- Drug crimes
- Violent crimes
- Weapons crimes
Charges for NJ Felonies:
- First Degree Felonies include: rape, murder and manslaughter.
- Second Degree Felonies include: burglary, white collar crimes, kidnapping, and aggravated arson.
- Third Degree Felonies include: some DUI offenses, certain robbery offenses, arson, and possession of controlled substances.
- Fourth Degree Felonies include: forgery, stalking, some DUI offenses, and certain robbery offenses.
Penalties for NJ Felonies:
- First Degree Felonies: 10 years to life in prison and a fine of up to $200,000.
- Second Degree Felony: 5 to ten years in prison and a possible fine of up to $150,000.
- Third Degree Felony: 3 to 5 years in prison and a possible fine of up to $10,000.
- Fourth Degree Felony: Up to 18 months in Prison and a possible fine of up to $10,000
Is a DUI a Felony in New Jersey?
A DUI in New Jersey is a traffic violation – but a serious one. This is why DUI defendants do not have a right to a jury trial in NJ. But the answer to the question, “ Is a DUI a felony or crime in New Jersey,” isn’t always so simple. Under certain circumstances, a DUI can elevate to a felony/crime depending on the situation. New Jersey does not use the word “felony”, instead classifies offenses as first, second, third or fourth degree crimes, disorderly persons offenses, and petty disorderly persons offenses.
Work with an Experienced & Tenacious Lawyer
As felony crimes fall within the more serious category of criminal offenses and you should have criminal defense assistance on your side after being charged with one. At The Law Offices of Joseph S. Scura, we are well-versed in state law and statutes regarding felony offenses, and we are experienced in litigation and negotiation. By choosing our firm, you are choosing a Morris County felony defense lawyer who believes in finding a solution and working towards a more desirable outcome.
Call us today at (973) 832-0841 to receive the personalized attention your case deserves.
Why Choose Our Firm?Put Our Strategy to Work for YOU
We Strategize Based Off Each Clients’ Unique Situation
Extensive Knowledge That Equals Results
Complex & Aggressive Criminal Representation
Your Initial Consultation Is Free
Our Firm Believes in Transparent Communication
We Provide Personalized Attention to Each Case