Morristown Employment & Labor Disputes Attorney
Fighting for the Rights of New Jersey Employees & Employers
Labor and employment disputes can affect the livelihood and well-being of laborers and their families as well as the success of the companies they work for. Many laws are in place to protect workers by ensuring their fair treatment as well as to best benefit their employers’ interests, which can often further put these parties in conflict. Though state and federal laws, contracts, and safety regulations govern the relationship between laborers and managers, things can still get messy enough to require legal intervention in the form of litigation.
The Law Office of Joseph S. Scura is a New Jersey law firm that deals in resolving civil matters such as work conflicts big and small. Our Morristown employment and labor dispute lawyer has over a decade of experience handling cases involving employment discrimination, wage and hour violations, workplace harassment, wrongful termination, and other unfair labor practices. If your rights have been violated or your business put at risk, we can help you hold the accountable party responsible and fight for your right to fair and just compensation.
Employment & Labor Disputes Our Firm Handles
Employment law disputes between employees and employers can cause immense strife, especially when someone’s livelihood is at stake. Though employers are required to follow federal, state, and local employment laws they do not always do so—perhaps to take willful action against an employee or simply because they are unaware of relevant statutes.
Employment and labor disputes can manifest in many ways, including:
- Being denied reasonable workplace accommodations for a disability or religious beliefs
- Being denied regular or overtime pay or other salary and benefits
- Contract disputes
- Discrimination, harassment, and/or unfair treatment in the workplace due to race, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, etc.
- Imposing job eligibility criteria that deliberately screens out people with disabilities, of a certain race or gender, or otherwise blatantly discriminates against potential employees
- Misclassification of employment (for example, your employer lists you as an independent contractor as opposed to a full-time employee to avoid paying benefits)
- Passing over a qualified employee for a promotion in favor of an employee with less experience due to the former’s gender, skin color, or other attributes
- Paying a worker less than the federal minimum wage
- Retaliation against an employer for complaining about job discrimination
- Retaliation against an employer for rightfully filing a workers’ compensation claim
- Unsafe labor practices that put employees at risk of harm
- Workplace physical and/or sexual harassment
- Wrongful discharge or illegal termination
How Our Employment & Labor Disputes Attorney Will Fight for You
At the Law Office of Joseph S. Scura, our employment and labor disputes lawyer can fight on behalf of both employees and employers. While we typically represent individual laborers, we also welcome hearing from unions, employers, and executives regarding such legal matters.
When we hear from potential clients regarding employment and labor disputes, our process is as follows:
- Consultation: We will discuss the details of your case with you to determine whether you have a valid claim and how to go about fighting on your behalf. Our legal team will gather documentation related to your claim, including your employment contract, pay slips, and communications over email or other work-related platforms. This information will be used to build your case and determine how much compensation you are owed.
- Investigation: We will conduct a thorough investigation into your situation by collecting relevant evidence as well as using the documentation you provided.
- Negotiation: Our attorney will negotiate with the party at fault for the dispute (the defendant) on your (the plaintiff’s) behalf. These negotiations will take place outside of the courtroom in the hope of coming to a mutual agreement without necessitating a trial.
- Trial: While most cases come to a successful resolution during the negotiation process, our attorney is willing to go to court on your behalf should the defendant prove uncooperative. We always build cases strong enough to stand up in a courtroom just in case.
Employment disputes that culminate in a lawsuit can be costly and time-consuming. Yet, a lawsuit can also help you uphold your rights and restore your reputation. We will make the process as simple and straightforward for you as possible by walking you through every step and fighting by your side throughout the duration of your case. Our aim is to eliminate the practice that caused you harm and help you secure compensation to make up for your losses, financial or otherwise.
We Strategize Based Off Each Clients’ Unique Situation
Extensive Knowledge That Equals Results
Complex & Aggressive Criminal Representation
Your Initial Consultation Is Free
Our Firm Believes in Transparent Communication
We Provide Personalized Attention to Each Case